at church today and it was such a cool scene to see two members of the body of Christ
caring and praying for one another.
2. I met a man from Uganda at church today who is BioChemist and I walked away feeling um.. not very smart.
But also I was glad God has created people who are! He is researching Maleria and making some incredible discoveries. Most importantly he loves Jesus and is serious about following him.
3. Victor and the Elevation worship team absolutely nailed worship thru music this morning. I feel so blessed to work alongside this guy. One of my favorite songs he leads our church in is this song by Matt Redman called, "You Never Let Go"
4. As part of "Sanctity of Life Sunday" we showed a powerful emotional mini-documentary this morning during the church service following the lives of a couple from our church, Randy and Susan Clark, as they traveled to Ethiopia to adopt their 4th and 5th children (all through adoption) last spring. The video was created by Marc Jacobs a successful director in Hollywood and Randy and Susan's brother-in-law.
You can view the video here.
Here is the extra cool part about Mark's involvement in the project.
2 guys showed up randomly to our church this morning, one of whom is an atheist.
Both guys work in Hollywood and when I told them about Mark they had heard of his work in the industry!
They had no idea Mark was showing a video in the service but were impressed
and excited to view it.
What timing for these guys to randomly visit.
God is working!
5. The Highlight of the morning services was seeing 3 families whom I admire and love stand before our church and introduce their families and the kids they have just adopted or begun fostering. It was such a powerful moment, I began to cry. God is uniquely moving among people at Calvary to "Father the Fatherless."
6. I enjoyed watching Football after church today.
Who would have ever guessed that the Arizona Cardinals would be in the Super Bowl?
The Hits on Ivey and McGahee in the Ravens/Steelers game were the hardest tackles I have ever seen.
Want to see them? Go here.
(Reminds me of the time I accidently ran through the outfield fence at my high school baseball practice...I still have chain link indentations in my shins)
7. The Family and I unwinded tonight with some takeout mexican ceaser salads from El Torito.
We were exhausted after spending the weekend up in Sonora and skiing in Dodge Ridge on Friday and Saturday and most of the day at church today. Yesterday, we took Lily ice skating for the first time! They had these special walkers for kids to help them learn. I am not sure who needed the walker more, me or Lily!